Saturday, June 8, 2013

From Chicken to Roller Coaster Enthusiast Indeed...

I've got a little update on entry, Rule #5 - Hands up! Let go!:
Yesterday, I participated in Coasterthon at SFOG - a fundraiser for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. 44 riders had to raise at least $150 and tried to ride Mindbender for 9 hours.

Together we raised over $14,500 and individually, I raised $253. I was just shy of lasting 2 hours on the ride for a total of 27 laps. Later, when I felt better, I went on to ride Superman, the GA Scorcher and the Cyclone. 30 roller coaster rides in one day total.

Not bad for a girl who once had to be fireman-carried, kicking & screaming onto The Great American Scream Machine. ;)

You know... it's hard to believe I'm even the same person. It's almost unfathomable that there was a time I wasn't absolutely head-over-heels in love with roller coasters; they are just so much apart of my identity now.

No comments:

Post a Comment